Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Things that sort of just fall in your lap

Yesterday while at a friends house picking up a furniture cart, I noticed what I thought was an old enamel basin lying there on the ground. It' wasn't, but that sparked an interesting conversation. During the conversation I learned that my friend had a 1947 International pick up truck back in the yard. So we took a walk over to see the truck and even though it was basically a rusty shell it was in really good repairable condition. When we asked our friend what he was planning on doing with the old truck, he said he was planning on bringing it to the scrap yard in about a week or so. I was mortified!!! So with my love for really old cars and especially trucks, and the way my eyes lit up like I had just inherited a billion dollars Sean decided to ask how much our friend would take for the truck. He wasn't sure what to say so Sean asked if we could buy the truck for what the scrap yard would give him for it, which was about $200 buckaroos. I could have been knocked over with a feather I was so happy. This was a beautiful truck even with the rust that was on it. It had an extended bed and a running board along the sides. Which amazed me even more was that this friend had never mentioned the truck before and we never even knew he had it. Trucks this old in this great of condition or even worse condition go for thousands of dollars fixed up and restored they can cost almost $ 200,000 or way more!!! I couldn't believe we were getting it for so little not to mention that it's a dream come true. I've already told Sean that we will get the truck in good working condition. It doesn't have to be restored to original condition or even painted as long as she runs well. Heck I'd clear coat over the rust and just leave her rust colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment