Friday, April 25, 2014

The brown floppy dog that wasn't

I must have forgotten at some point over these last two years what it was like living on a farm out in the country. The different things that make the country magical and full of life, like the birds, bees, critters of all kinds, the fresh air, the trees, flowers, and the deer.

A couple weeks ago, while looking out the window at the garden veggies and fruit trees I spotted what I thought was a dog out in the field but when I looked again it was gone. Yesterday, while sitting in the hammock in the morning watching the birds I glimpsed what I thought was a large brown floppy looking dog in the field about in the same area as a couple weeks before. Well, yesterday afternoon I went looking for tracks and sure enough what I had seen was a small doe. I really did miss seeing the deer run through the yard while we were living in a subdivision. Now of only I could get the raccoons, foxes, wild turkeys, and the rabbits to come out I'd be in heaven, wouldn't mind seeing the bobcats on occasion either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment