Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good zydeco music

Down in the swamp, my home away from home:). The family and I had a great day today at my friend Lori's swamp tour. Lori owns the Cajun pride swamp tours down in La Place,La. Today was her annual crawfish boil cook off:). Skylar, Sean, and Myself stuffed ourselves with the biggest crawfish of the season, jumbalya, alligator sausage, fried chicken, and a little chocolate cake, and for us adults we washed it all down with a little beer. Along with all the fixens today Lori had local zydeco ( Cajun ) musicians come out and play. The music and food was great! Sky even learned how to play the "wash board" also known as the rub board, and got to play it with one of the musicians. 

I have to say zydeco music is one of sky and I's favorite types of music. There's nothing like it anywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment