Friday, February 21, 2014

My crazy yet somewhat practical antics on the farm

We all know by now that I have hit an all time spring fever high. Out on the farm the grass is so high right now that in some areas it's almost as tall as me and in others is taller than me, which doesn't take much since I'm only 4'11. We have yet to get a tractor and Sean's riding lawn mower has been out of commission since last year, good thing we have a ton of trees and leaves to keep the grass low. With all the high dead grass on the farm it's hard for me to decide where I want to put the veggitable garden. So being the somewhat resourcefull person I am, I went out to the farm armed with a metal rake. Ten minutes later I had raked up a nice large section for a veggie garden. Being that the grass was dead it came up almost effortlessly. Of courser when I was done it looked like we had tumble weed in the back but it was done none the less. Point being, if the tractors broke, the lawn mower is out of commission, the weed wacker doesn't work, and you don't have a push mower, use a rake it works wonders and you get a little excersise in the process:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment