Thursday, February 6, 2014

Meet the "Donkey"



This is Sean, aka "Donkey",my better half. Not 100% sure on how he came about the nickname of Donkey. I've asked on several occasions and have always gotten different variations of the story. Everyone seems to know him as Donkey. His mom, siblings, nieces and nephews ( they refer to him as uncle donkey), even people at his work, refer to him as donkey, and I'm almost positive that if I ever had to call and ask for him at work ,if I asked to speak to Sean no one would know who I was talking about. 

Sean is a character to say the least. He is first and foremost my comic relief at any given time. 


He's almost a complete enigma to me because he has this laid back "just one of the good ole southern boys" personalities that says he's someone to be respected with just meeting him for the first time, but then on the flip side he's a complete comedian and always makes people feel comfortable around him. He's one of those guys that you just can't help but like. When we had first started dating I always saw him nicely dressed in causal attire. Always a nice casual shirt and jeans. So you can imagine my surprise when I show up one day and he's dressed in his "redneck" attire.

 

 
To be honest I kinda didn't know what to think but I liked it. Then came the day that I saw him dressed in his serious business attire...... Wow. He went from looking like a good ole southern country boy to the stereotypical "wealthy lawyer" look and he's neither wealthy or a lawyer. I think it was at that monent that I realized my typical jeans and t-shirt attire wasn't going cut it. Sean's comedic skills are only one of his many talents and charms.
Since being with Sean, I don't cook nearly as much as I use to. He's a better cook than me;) ,I do however laugh way more than any one person should, even in the midldle of the night and during our few disagreements. He plays the drums really well and as often and as loud as he can when he's not working. 

Sean does however encourage me to do the things I like doing and, whether he knows it or not, also encourages me to improve upon myself and become a much better and happier person. 

Now that you've been somewhat introduced to my "Donkey", please feel free to send donations to his personal favorite charity:

The legless frog convalescent home of Louisiana. 

This charity is for all of the legless frogs in Louisiana. They are trying to raise enough money and partner with Tonka to get all of the legless frogs specialized wheelchairs :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. As happy as I was to get your "secret apple butter recipe", this has to be my favorite blurb on your blog. The legless frog convalescence home...will it ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this post about my "Donkey" and that it made you laugh:)

    ReplyDelete