Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Putting the Farm to work ?


After giving away a couple of jars of my apple butter, strawberry Jam, Cherry Chutney, and Orange Pineapple Marmalade to a few people to try or as gifts, I've had several requests to start selling them.
I've been contemplating the idea for a little while now and think it's a great idea. It's also an opportunity to put our farm to good use aside from providing for our family and just selling our fruits and vegetables. The hardest part of selling my canned foods is coming up with a logo and labeling the jars. I've found a few good websites for the jar labels and for making a logo, the problem is I can't decide on the logo and need to find someone to make ingredient labels for the back of the jars. The easiest part of this is that we grow most of the fruits and vegetables here on the farm. I'm still contemplating the idea and gathering as much info as I can get my hands on and thinking up a business plan. I do think this would be a great opportunity to make a little extra income for us, but I guess I just need to see how it goes first and not bite off more than I can handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment